Do you need to activate your USAA com debit card?
It’s a lot easier than you might think, and there are a few different ways you can go about it. In this post, I highlight all activation methods.
Writing checks is a great way to make transactions but not convenient for cutting checks for every other transaction you make.
One of the best things you can do to reduce the number of times you write checks is to take USAA debit card. These cards are accepted at almost all stationery stores and also make online shopping easier.
The cards are secure and make paying bills and fulfilling orders a lot easier. However, it is essential to note that you cannot use a USAA card without activating it.
Luckily, getting USAA com to activate a debit card is easy, and there are two ways to do it.
In this post, I’ll break down both methods for you. But before I do, here are a few things you need to know about the company.
Do You Need to Serve to Become A USAA Member?
Contrary to popular belief, you DO NOT have to be an active or former military member to join USAA.
According to company conditions, the acceptance criteria are:
- Active, former, and esteemed detached soldiers.
- Applicants for the commissioning program.
- USAA member children who have USAA insurance.
- USAA widows and widows who have USAA insurance policies.
So, if you are connected to someone who has been or is currently serving in the military, you will most likely qualify to become a member of the USAA. Finding an account with a company is invaluable because the cards offer some fantastic benefits.
How to Activate A USAA Debit Card?
The easiest and best way to get USAA com to activate a debit card is through your website. All you have to do is:
- Visit the USAA official website.
- Find and click the Member Access link on that page. It will direct you to the login page where you have to login or register.
- Once you are logged in, look for the “My Account” button and click on it. On the next page, you will see all your account details.
- Find the Activate Debit Card button and click on it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and fill in all the required details.
- After entering all the required information, you will successfully receive USAA com to activate your debit card.
It is important to note that you will need to recharge your USAA debit card before using it. Because you were given a prepaid debit card, it doesn’t contain any credit you can use for online or in-store purchases.
If you have received a USAA credit card, you can activate it in one of the two ways described below.
How to Activate USAA Credit Cards
There are two ways you can activate your USAA credit card:
Over the Phone
If you are not very tech-savvy, you can easily activate your credit card over the phone. Here is what you need to do:
- Call 210-531-8722 to contact the USAA customer service team.
- Follow the instructions from your computer representative.
- Enter your card information. In addition to the number, you must provide the CVV and expiration date to activate the card.
- The computerized representative may also ask you to enter your SSN and date of birth. So make sure you have this information.
Once you have provided all the requested information, your USAA credit card will be activated immediately.
Many prefer to activate their USAA credit card online because the process is faster and more convenient. You can even do it on the go.
To activate your USAA card online:
- Using a browser on your computer or mobile, go to the USAA card activation page. It is important to note that you cannot activate your card through the application.
- If you already have an online USAA account, log in with your correct credentials. If you haven’t created an account yet, click the “Join Online” button to create a new account.
- Once you are logged in, you will need to locate and click the “Activate Card” button.
- You will need to enter card information on the next screen, including the number, expiration date, and CVV.
- If the page also has fields for entering your date of birth and SSN, don’t leave it blank.
And that’s it, and your USAA card is activated.
How to Reset USAA Account Password
If you are already a USAA member but recently used your debit card, you may have forgotten your account password.
Fortunately, password recovery is easy:
- Visit the USAA website and open the login page.
- Find and click the “Forgot Password” link that appears just below the login section.
- On the next screen, enter your Account ID and click the “Next” button.
- Follow the instructions to reset your password.
- Once you’ve reset your password, enabling USAA com to activate your debit card should be easy. You can follow the procedure outlined above.
How to Contact USAA Customer Support
If you are having trouble activating your debit or credit card or have other questions, you can contact USAA Customer Service.
The company has a customer support page on their website www.usaa.com where you can contact one of their support specialists.
Alternatively, you can call 1-800-531-8722 and speak to a customer service representative quickly.
If you prefer to email them, you can find their address on their website and send them a review of your problem.
So you know everything you need to do to activate a USAA card.
Also Read: How to Activate Chase Sapphire Card?