Air Fryer Potato wedges are the wedges of potatoes, often large, unpeeled, and a healthy alternative to French Fries, perfectly seasoned with salt, paprika, garlic, pepper, and some olive oil, which makes them super flavorful. These are almost always served with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce. You can also use ketchup, honey mustard, and ranch.
Making the potato wedges in an air fryer saves calories compared to traditional frying and makes them much crunchier than baking in the oven.
Which potatoes are best for Wedges?
Reddish-brown potatoes/ Russet Potatoes are best for wedges. They cook faster and are better than other potatoes. Organic is a great choice because potatoes are on the dirty dozen for the product with the highest pesticide residue levels.
You can also use yellow, Yukon Gold, red, and white potatoes, but the result will be less crunchy, the inside will be waxier, and it will take longer. But they will still taste good!
How to cut a potato into Wedges?
Cut the potato in half lengthwise. Cut each half lengthwise again by placing the cut sides on the cutting board. Then cut each piece again into quarters. We usually finish with 8 wedges, but that depends on the size of potatoes you have. But I would recommend that the thickness of each slice be 0.5 inches thick.
If you have a handy apple slicer, you can also use it for potato slices.
- 4 Russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil if desired
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 tsp L. sol
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
· Air fryer
How to Cook Fresh Cut Potato Wedges in an Air Fryer?
The steps to cook fresh Potato Wedges in the Air Fryer are written as follows:
- First, decide which type of potato you want to use. I find russet potatoes to work best for potato wedges. Feel free to use what you want.
- Rinse and grate the potatoes well.
- Cut each potato in half and cut the potatoes diagonally to make 8-10 potatoes. Make sure the thickness and size are the same.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl of hot water for 20-30 minutes. Dry.
- Add olive oil and spices. Use clips for proper coverage.
- Fry in the air fryer for 20-25 minutes.
The secret to extra crunchy wedges:
- Soaking the potatoes in cold water will make them crunchier! Place the potatoes in a bowl and add cold water and 2 cups of ice cubes. Let it soak for at least 30 minutes, then dry with a paper towel.
- At the end of cooking, increase the heat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately for the crunchiest potato experience!
Fryer Potato wedges Cooking time?
I love to cook mine in 25 minutes. I suggest 20-25 minutes, cut in half.
What to serve with Air Fryer potato wedges?
You can serve it as a starter or side dish. Here are some of our favorite potato meals:
- · Simple turkey burger
- · Rice Krispies Chicken Tenders.
- · Farmer’s Market Chili
- · Fried pork
- · Sloppy Joes
- · Panini sandwiches etc.
Are air-fried potatoes healthy?
Yes, Air Fryer Potatoes are Healthy. I have written some reasons in the following steps:
- Little or no oil from these fried potato wedges uses only 1 tablespoon of butter. If you use an air fryer, the access oil will fall to the bottom of the fryer, so you use less oil. If desired, you can remove the oil together.
- High in vitamins and minerals – potatoes perform poorly. Some still consider it unhealthy because it is high in carbohydrates. But potatoes are full of vitamins and minerals like fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B6.
- Low Fat & Low Calorie – These potato strips are low in fat and calories compared to French fries or other potatoes as they contain very little or no oil, and the deep fry cooking process further reduces the amount of oil you consume.
TIPS FOR MAKING AIR FRYER POTATO WEDGES
I have described some tips to make the perfect Crispy Air Fryer Potato Wedges in the following Steps:
- Choose the Right Potatoes – Which Potatoes to pick for Potato wedges? Yes, this is important if you want a crunchy texture. That’s why I choose organic Russet potatoes for the best results. While you can choose whatever is available in your home, you will always get great results.
- Slice Them Evenly – If the wedges are uneven, the potatoes will not cook evenly. Some cook faster, and some take longer, which results in uneven results. So try to make it equally thick.
- Soaking the wedges – This will help release some of the starch and absorb moisture, resulting in a crunchy texture on the outside. If you’re in a rush, you can skip this step, but you won’t end up with super-crunchy wedges.
- Don’t save on oil – Oil should evenly cover the wedges on all sides. So don’t skimp on the oil. The excess is still thrown into the fryer basket. However, we use 80% less oil than frying.
- Season the Potatoes – Season with your favorite herbs and spices to definitely enhance the taste. I’ve shared my favorite seasoning with potato wedges.
- Arrange them evenly – Please do not overload the air fryer with several layers of wedges. If you arrange them evenly in a single layer, heat will be applied to each wedge, results in evenly cooked wedges.
- If you have a small air fryer (like mine), you’ll gradually need to make the potato wedges. However, if you have a larger air fryer, you have more room.
- Make sure to throw the wedges in the middle of the dish so they are crispy on all sides.
That’s all from my side about Air Fryer Potato Wedges Recipe. I hope you liked this little effort of mine. Do let me know your opinion about this blog in the comments section. Was it helpful for you or not? You can also contact us on our social handles if you want us to write on another recipe. Here are our social Handles i.e Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter. Till next time Sayonara.
DON’T MISS: Who is Dave Chappelle wife (Elaine Chappelle)?