This classic wedge salad is a delicious dish that’s fresh, cool, and refreshing. This perfect side dish is super easy and fast!
The wedge salad is a big favourite as a side dish. Or you can serve it up with one of these fantastic soups, a cheeseburger or broccoli cheese, and homemade buns for dinner or light lunch.
Classic Wedge Salad
The wedge salad is delightful. It’s colourful, full of flavour, and it’s fresh and fresh, what a salad should be. No one knows where this delicious salad came from, but it seems that it has gained quite a bit of popularity ever since steak restaurants included it on the menu. We’re not complaining. A very simple salad, but with great taste. You need a knife and a fork to eat this perfect salad!
It can be served alone or as an accompaniment to your favourite dish. Its unique shape and colour will attract attention and taste. Serve wedge salad with beef, chicken, pork, or fish. You can find the ideas below. These simple iceberg slices make for an excellent salad list. Your whole family will love this fun and delicious salad.
What You Need For The Perfect Wedge Salad
Look for fresh lettuce and tomatoes to make this salad taste best. The heads of lettuce can be of different sizes, so pick one that fits. Depending on how long you wait, you may have to buy more than one. Some heads are so small that it is best to cut them in half, or only a third, rather than a quarter. If you have him, he can’t beat the homemade tomatoes! Below I advise you to keep your salad fresh for up to 2 weeks!
- Iceberg Lettuce: Do not substitute for something else. Icebergs shape is what gives the classic wedge its name.
- Tomato: I used a Roma tomato, choose a firm full flavored tomato.
- Bacon: Cooked and crumbled.
- Red Onion: Finely chopped.
- Blue Cheese Dressing: For the best flavor use homemade, get the recipe here!
- Blue Cheese Crumbles: Use more or less depending on your tastes
Putting a Wedge Salad Together
These fantastic wedge salads are a breeze! You will love how quickly it brings together yourself and the veil! Your salad is ready! Ever since wedged salads became popular in steaks, they have been a tastier salad than just a bowl full of vegetables. It’s so easy to do but so fantastic to eat; Make your choice of salad!
- Lettuce: Cut the lettuce wedge in half and cut off the stem. Cut into four equal wedges.
- Top it: Top with chopped tomato, bacon, onion, homemade blue cheese dressing and crumbles.
Tips for the BEST Wedge Salad
Since this is one of the easiest salads to throw around, there isn’t much that can go wrong. But there are always some things you can do to make this the easiest and best wedge salad ever.
- Lettuce: You can prepare your salad in advance. Cut the iceberg lettuce into slices BUT leave the stalks burning. This will keep the leaves intact better. Wash the parts carefully and let the water run between the dishes. Drain well. Store in a plastic bag with paper towels until use. You can store lettuce for up to 2 weeks. When the outer leaves turn brown, it’s time to remove them. Cut the stems before serving.
- Tomatoes: Use grape or cherry tomatoes halved or quartered for easy, flavorful tomato flavor.
- Salt and Pepper: Add some salt and pepper to taste.
Variations for Topping a Wedge Salad
The classic topping for a wedge salad is bacon, tomatoes, shallots, and more blue cheese, along with blue cheese dressing. But that doesn’t mean you can’t just take iceberg lettuce slices and make your own. The wedge salad is easy to customize and will still taste great. So mix and match according to your needs.
- Add Different Vegetables: Try avocados, cucumbers, olives and chopped peppers or celery.
- Add Crunch: Use croutons to add a bit of crunch. Make your own for the best tasting.
- Cheese: Need a different cheese, try cheddar, feta, parmesan or gorgonzola.
- Not a fan of Blue Cheese Dressing: Although blue cheese is the standard, you can substitute for ranch, caesar or creamy parmesan dressing.
- Add Some Protein: Add chopped grilled chicken or steak. Or dice up hard boiled eggs.
What to Serve Wedge Salad With
Wedge salad can be eaten alone or served as a perfect side dish. Served with a tasty, meaty dish, a wedge salad is just the thing for you. They are the perfect start to your meal as their salads are cool and fresh, and their toppings are soft and warm. When you need a great main dish to pair with a wedge salad, give one of these great favourites a try.
More Salads We Love
The salad was fresh and interesting. They are the perfect way to add more vegetables or fruit to your diet. A salad is a great side dish or lights main course. I love how versatile and creative the salads are. You can mix and match different flavours that come together in delicious ways. And the bandages! You can’t forget them! They are the ones who combine all the flavours in a lively and spicy way. Here are some of our tried and tested favourite salads to try when you need them.
A Classic Wedge Salad Recipe
- head iceberg lettuce
- 1 roma tomato diced
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 red onion diced
- Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Cut the lettuce wedge in half and cut off the stem. Cut into four equal wedges.
- Top with tomato, bacon, onion, homemade blue cheese dressing and crumbles.
That’s all from my side about A Classic Wedge Salad Recipe. I hope you liked this little effort of mine. Do let me know your opinion about this blog in the comments section. Was it helpful for you or not? You can also contact us on our social handles if you want us to write on another recipe. Here are our social Handles i.e Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter. Till next time Sayonara.